The Canot cycle helps you to understand the 2nd law of thermodynamics.
Here we will deal with the Carnot Cycle including the following theme:
- Carnot Cycle: https://thermodynamics-engineer.com/carnot-cycle-2/
- Reversed Carnot Cycle: https://thermodynamics-engineer.com/429-2/
- Carnot Principles: https://thermodynamics-engineer.com/carnot-principals/
The Carnot cycle deals with a reversible heat engine, while reversed Carnot cycle the reversible refrigarator. After knowing the Carnot cycle and reversed Carnot cycle, we can prove the two statements of Carnot principles:
1. The efficiencies of all reversible heat engines operating between a constant temperature source (TH) and a constant temperature sink (TL) are the same. They only depend on the high temperature TH=const and the low temperature TL=const.
2. Between the same two reservoirs, the efficiency of a reversible heat engine is always greater than the efficiency of an irreversible one.